Newborn photography shoots are my favourite. They require a lot of skill, patience and time but the results are well worth it. Those first few days of your baby’s life are so precious and that beautiful newborn stage is over before you realise it, those teeny, tiny, hands and feet, the wrinkled skin and wispy hair. Let me capture these first special days of your newborn’s life so they can be treasured forever.
My newborn photography sessions take place in my warm and cosy studio in Finchampstead, Berkshire. This allows me to control the temperature of the room for your newborn as it needs to be warm and snug. I also have access to all props and set-ups and I use a mixture of lighting, both artificial and natural light and have large windows in my studio for this.
WHEN TO BOOK…
It is never too early to book a newborn photography session. Simply let me know your due date and I will reserve a time frame for you. The ideal time to photograph a newborn is between 5 – 10 days old. During this time babies will usually retain some of the natural curl from when they were in mummy’s tummy. Also they generally sleep a lot which makes beautiful shots as they look so peaceful when they are sleeping. After 2 weeks, newborns are more likely to be disturbed whilst sleeping and may start having problems with colic and baby acne.
It’s not uncommon for the session with a newborn to last up to 4 hours. I like the session to be relaxed and unrushed, allowing plenty of time for feeding, changing and cuddles between shots. I know mum is recovering and I want the new parents to feel completely comfortable and never rushed for the best possible photographs.
AFTER YOUR SESSION…
After your session we can arrange a Viewing Day appointment and I will invite you to my studio where I will show you a gorgeous, bespoke, animated presentation of all your photographs on a large screen so you can see them at their best. We can then go through them, discussing different display options of how you would like to present your photos. It is always important to think about this before your session so we have a better idea of how and where you would love to display your photos. I can help you with the tricky decision making over coffee and biscuits and show you examples of custom designed products to include frames, canvasses, albums, acrylics, desktop frames and many more! To view some of the products available, please view the Products page of my website.
BOOK A SESSION…
Please contact me via the contact page to schedule your newborn session.
Perhaps in the meantime you may like to book a Yummy Mummy Session to capture your gorgeous bump and have a mini makeover for a wonderful treat?
Want to buy a proud new mum and dad to-be a newborn photography session as a gift? Then please click on the Gift Voucher button at the top of the page to purchase a wonderful gift voucher today!
INTERESTED IN CAPTURING YOUR BABIES FIRST YEAR?
Take a look at my Little Stars Package for more details. A wonderful package that captures the milestones that take place during your babies first year.
SESSION FEES FOR NEWBORNS…
Session fee includes:
- Up to 3 hours in the studio.
- My time and creative skills for custom styled photography as well as the editing of each image to prepare for your Viewing day and online gallery.
- Viewing Day appointment at the studio, within 2 weeks of your session.
- A password protected online gallery to share with your family and friends. This will go live after you have been back to the studio for your Viewing Day. Your online gallery will be viewable for 14 days after your Viewing Day.
- You will be shown between 30-40 images on your viewing day for you to select your favourites and turn into beautiful products. Each images is personally and creatively edited to Rosanna Hancock Photography’s style.
- The session fee does not include any products, these must be purchased separately.
- Session fees are required at the time of booking to secure your session date and include mileage up to 30 miles from RG40 3QJ. Additional mileage outside this 30 mile radius is charged at 50p per mile.